Monday 18 January 2016

New York Pt.1

Part 1 of posts from New York. I didn't know how to do this really, so we have ended up with a "look at all the things I did" post. To me, it truly is one of the best places to be. It's all on the go and the vast majority of the city is incredibly cool, inspiration is everywhere. 

1. Artists and Fleas- This part of Chelsea Market contains some of the most beautiful jewellery I have ever come across. there is also art, vintage clothing, records and homewares all in a very cool snd relaxed atmosphere.


2. David Bowie's Memorial- The incredibly sad news of Bowie's passing reached us whilst in New York so naturally we had to visit the memorial outside his SoHo apartment. A true artist and visionary who has influenced so much of our fashion and music culture. I feel privileged I could pay my respects to the man who has inspired me so much.


3. Brooklyn Bridge- The views from the bridge were spectacular. I also considered outfit posts whilst in NYC but swiftly came to conclusion that function needs to come above fashion in minus temperatures and averaging 20k a day. I honestly wore the same thing everyday- you gotta have layers.


4. We were lucky to take part in a Fragrance workshop at F.I.T. It was so insightful and I did not realise all that goes into the fragrance and perfume industry. It was fascinating and so helpful for future projects.


5. Chelsea Market- Food heaven. It took a couple of laps around it to decide where to eat but wherever you do choose, you will not be disappointed. Be sure to try a Fat Witch Brownie, best thing ever.


6. Vintage in Greenwich Village- I was so happily surprised with the quality of vintage shops there are. My favourite was Beacon's Closet, they stock vintage and second hand designer threads for a total steal. The staff have serious style too. Visit Starstruck for rare band tee's and Buffalo Exchange is worth a rummage too.



8. Smashburger- Excellent for those first night dinners when your still finding your feet. Extremely good food and better milkshakes all reasonably priced, especially in the middle of Midtown. I would also recommend Chipotle for the same quick counter service meal that tastes so good.

Anna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for commenting! I always visit everyone that comments