Tuesday 26 January 2016

New Concepts




I'm coming to the end of my first summative brief at Uni and the final part is putting our chosen subject into a new context. My subject is Tortoiseshell (see a previous post HERE). Gathering inspiration from Architects like Zaha Hadid, particularly her work with Stuart Weitzman, I have proposed to use Tortoiseshell in a store interior. 

I think moulded plastic in Tortoiseshell would work really well with the fluid, curved shapes. It could be wall and ceilings, fixtures or even fitting rooms. I think this could work for a brand like Vivienne Westwood. The garments are all about cut and silhouette so a distorted kind of shop layout would match. Taking inspiration from the SS 16 collection, the Tortoiseshell could be made into different colours making it more playful and individual. You could continue this into promotional items like carrier  bags really easily. 

The Tortoiseshell carries a story of luxury and history, both of which can be applied to Vivienne Westwood. There isn't a lot out there in the way of making Tortoiseshell modern and cool so colour and modern architecture would create something new.

Anna x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for commenting! I always visit everyone that comments