Monday 4 January 2016

Tortoiseshell in Fashion





For our first summative brief at University, we are looking into a working example to create a brand/retail promotion and visual analysis report. My working example is Tortoiseshell and I have to admit it has been a challenge so far. I started my research with something I knew about: Fashion. Although it has always had a presence, it is quite hard to research unless you really want to know about glasses frames. Recently in Fashion, there has been some beautiful garments and objects inspired by Tortoiseshell. The most recognisable is the Alexander McQueen SS13 collection, it really played to the strengths of the material showcasing it's structure and colour. 

Of course, Tortoiseshell frames have been in the Cool Girl's weaponry for quite some time. And do you remember ALL the Tortoiseshell shoes Asos brought out a couple of seasons ago, it was like what else can we throw a little Tortoiseshell on? This came after the micro trend we saw on the SS13 catwalks. 

Fashion was the easy place to start but Tortoiseshell has such a rich history, it was actually first thought to be used in Ancient Rome.


Anna

For Image origins- see it on Pinterest Here

2 comments:

  1. I love tortoiseshell in sunglasses, looks perfect!

    http://fiftyshadesofpink.blogs.sapo.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to be honest and say that Tortoiseshell isn't for me. In fact, any kind of animal patterns isn't for me -- I'm not quite sure why. Give me a tortoiseback kitty, though, and that's a different story, ha!

    Good luck with your analysis reports, Anna!

    May | THE MAYDEN | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for commenting! I always visit everyone that comments