Sunday 24 January 2016

New York Pt. 2


Find Part 1 of New York HERE

9. Bread and Butter- We hit the breakfast gold in the local deli to our hotel. Egg sandwiches, Pancakes, Smoothies, French Toast- you name it. All made fresh in front of you and totally customisable. Honestly my ideal breakfast.


10. The City Bakery- I read about this bakery on so many New York guides, particularly about their Hot Chocolate and it didn't disappoint. Super rich and creamy with a giant marshmallow in the top paired with a delicious pastry is perfect for warming up from sub zero temperatures. The staff were so so friendly and loved how we had gone to see them all the way from here in Britain.


11. I think this photograph was worth loosing the feeling in my hands for. Sunset is the perfect time to see the Statue of Liberty from the bottom of Manhattan. My only wish of the trip was that we had time to take a boat over there- just for the beautiful views if anything.


12. Mood Fabrics- The University had arranged a tour of the Garment District for us and it started off at Mood. It almost competes with the fabric shops of Montmatre for me (Montmatre is definitely less expensive).  I could have spent a whole day and an awful lot of money in there, I am sure there would have been some absolute gems.


13. Another Garment District store. It is stacked high with all kinds of Fashion Magazines, Trend Directories and Street Style books. I found my inspiration for my first summative project layout in there as well as some amazing publications I had never heard of before. Definitely worth a visit.



14. Perfect Pictures-  I think you would struggle to take a bad photo of New York. I don't actually have much to say on this- let it speak for  its self.

Anna

3 comments:

  1. City Bakery is one of my favorites! Their hot chocolate is so amazing. Hope you had a wonderful time in the city! x

    Erica
    www.eggcanvas.me

    ReplyDelete
  2. new york bagels are the best, i haven't been to nyc in about a year but i really want to go back soon!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for commenting! I always visit everyone that comments