Friday 22 January 2016

Grace Coddington



It was anounced on the 20th of January that Grace Coddington will be leaving Vogue after nearly 30 years. She was discovered by the magazine when she was 19 and began modelling. She would go on to become Creative Director and her partnership with the notorious Anna Wintour is one of the most seminal in fashion history.

I first new about Coddington after I first watched Devil Wears Prada and frantically researched the films origins to know how I could get myself in that sample wardrobe (still want to do it now). I loved the whimsy and creativity in her styling, it really resonates with me. I also found it so inspiring that Coddington was from a small "non- fashion and glamour" part of the UK, similar to me. Baring in mind that she has become one of the most recognised names in fashion is very encouraging.

Grace Coddington's departure is one in a list of them from the last few months. We will be intrigued to see if these jobs are going to be filled with some new talent. Of course it's a bitter sweet thing. I will be very excited to see Grace's independent and collaborative work in due course.

Anna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for commenting! I always visit everyone that comments