Sunday 27 March 2016

New Heros of Menswear?



Traditionally, Menswear is kind of a couple of seasons behind women's as men are less willing to express themselves with clothing as women are. I think this is a lame excuse for the stereotypical idea of masculinity to prevail. Now, mens fashion is producing much more interesting outcomes, just look at Alessandro Michele's Gucci or Raf Simons AW16, after his departure from Dior. So society is finally catching on- there is no reason why there should be a stigma against men being as expressive as women in clothing.

An awful lot of trends tend to be bubble up, so from the street. Brands like Supreme, Carhartt and Palace are having a major effect on designer fashion. The guys that are having the influence are the new wave of Hipsters (in its true meaning not the jokey generic way). This moodboard visualises this   person. I will be using this to continue with the FCP fragrance project in university. To get to know this "guy" even more here's a cool interview with Pat and Marcus, 2 New Wave Hipsters:

Interview with Pat and Marcus (new wave Hipsters): Brands do you aspire to? Norse Projects, Commes Des Garcons, Supreme, Palace are cool, that polar hat I’ve got is a bit bad. Who are your style icons? ASAP to be fair, he dresses shit but because it’s him it looks good. I quite like the 90’s. Thurston Moor, Billy Corgan.Brands you wear? Dickies and Converse everyday. North Face, Patagonia, Supreme. Carhartt definitely.Describe your style? Sick. I don’t know maybe 90’s skater and street wear. I wear a lot of flannel shirts. Views on the Hipster Movement? Typically, people think of beards, plaid and under cuts but it’s not all about that.  It’s dressing in a way people don’t understand. The way it’s used now, I don’t dig it. I’d like to think I wasn’t a Hipster; I think it’s a derogatory term.Drink of choice? Red Stripe.Past times? Films, bit of drumming, I’m in two bands.Music taste? I like instrumental stuff without singing. I like Hip Hop, Indie Rock, The 90’s- anything really. I like hardcore- a lot. I love The Smiths. Dream Job? I want to be a writer or journalist. A film director would be cool. Do you buy fragrance? I only get it for Christmas, I’ve got Dior and David Beckham *laughter*.Are there any fragrance brands that speak your style? Commes Des garcons did a fragrance and Bape did one but it’s all about the smell really. I like the unisex fragrances, androgyny is cool with me. I don’t like all the macho bullshit.

Anna


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for commenting! I always visit everyone that comments