Monday 14 March 2016

DIY: Ruffle Shirt







This shirt is finally finished! I feel like I have been sewing it forever, I blame the sheer amount of gathering involved in it. I found this pattern on Etsy after crying that I couldn't afford the actual Miu Miu version, thank goodness for vintage patterns. The pattern was Simplicity 8619 from the 1980s and there are quite a lot of them dotted about on the internet. They run a little small to size, I made a size 12 and it fits more like a 10.

The fabric is the most gorgeously soft blue and white pinstripe from The Cloth House in London, the yellowy light doesn't really do it justice in these photos (check Instagram for better ones coming). I'm pretty sure there will be a ton of versions on the high street in the Spring/Summer collections but why not do it your self? 

Anna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for commenting! I always visit everyone that comments