Monday 1 February 2016

The Death of Skinny Jeans





For people of my generation, I can't really remember a time when there wasn't such thing as "Skinny Jeans". I have never thought they could be called "Jeans" since most versions of them have probably never seen a scrap of Denim in their lives. They are an absolute staple, all ages/genders/sizes have a pair or two stashed in there wardrobe. We kind of over saturated in elastane.  

Pull it back a few years to the 80's and 90's when high and tight 100% denim blue Jeans were the most sexy thing you could wear- Calvin Klein and Brooke Shields? Versace and Claudia Schiffer? These were proper jeans, not designed to be hold-it-all-in or super streamlined but just unapologetically jeans.  

Of course, the Fashion Cycle keeps on turning and the stretch denim's days are numbered, only very gradually. I don't think I could give up my black skinnies that quickly. Jean culture is shifting, 2015 saw Flares and 2014 saw Boyfriend- will 2016 see these real jeans back? I think so

Anna 

See more denim inspiration HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for commenting! I always visit everyone that comments