Wednesday 10 February 2016

About Jacquemus



I think Simon Porte Jacquemus is one of my favourite designers at the moment. I love the sense of fun, 90's Playful meets French Girl Cool. I stumbled across his video called La Piscine on Pinterest and I honestly thought it was the coolest thing, I wanted to be one of those girls. The garments really match the vibe- playing on menswear, short skirts and graphic colours. 

His AW15 collection caught more attention with surrealist inspired makeup and set in a dilapidated hotel. It was a play on childhood seen through a dreamy lens. I love the clever origami cutting and unexpected scale which features a lot in his work.  

Jacquemus describes SS16 as his "blackest collection yet". An almost sad atmosphere was on the catwalk but again, playful clothes and cool girls. I think it works so well because it's a new kind of 90s minimalist and really relates to a younger audience than a lot of designers appeal to. It's reminiscent of Marc Jacobs seeing this younger client in the 90's. This time round it's coming out of Paris not New York.

Anna

More Fashion Inspiration HERE

1 comments:

Thankyou so much for commenting! I always visit everyone that comments