Friday 18 December 2015

Chloe Suits and Gloomy Grounds







Suit- Made by me Blouse- Topshop Boots- Dr Marten Bag - Other Stories (old)

I must have made this suit well over a month ago. I was so inspired by the little shorts suits that Chloe showed for Pre-Fall 2015 (seen on countless bloggers SEE IT HERE & HERE). Unfortunately, us normal folk cannot afford Chloe (yet) so I have made do with my sewing machine. I bought this 70's jacket pattern from Etsy and it is so similar to the Dream Suit. The fabric is a find from one of the many fabric shop in Montmartre in Paris and the lining was just knocking around my cupboard at home. I whipped up a quick shorts pattern, keeping them in line with the Chloe version with a proper waistband and fly zip but adding in some statement pleats. Pretty happy with the result- NGL. 




I wore it out to Chatsworth House which is just up the road from my family home. For me, Christmas isn't Christmas without Chatsworth. It is pretty much an annual thing to look around the house then go for Tea. It was a dank, grey , horrible day but I took some great, creepy snaps of the grounds. Fog is great for photography. It was so cold and I did have wet hair for our Afternoon Tea but I can never get enough of Chatsworth Gardens, they look amazing in all weather and seasons; each one changes it's character.




2 comments:

  1. fab photos, lovely post!! p.s. have a merry christmas!! x
    http://lovefromtasha.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for commenting! I always visit everyone that comments