Wednesday 16 December 2015

Mood Du Jour 2




I was reminded this week of the 2010 film The Runaways. My best friend and I were utterly obsessed with it, me being Cherie Currie and her being Joan Jett. I think I even bought flares before they were cool again. I have been a obsessed with the Glam Rock of the 70's ever since, I couldn't be more excited when Heidi Slimane for Saint Laurent SS 15 collection arrived. It all strikes me with a rich Gold metallic palette. Style icons for this modern revisit are the likes of David Bowie, Marc Bolan and anyone out of Studio 54.

I find there's something just so effortlessly cool about it all, the "devil may care" attitude, the daytime sequins and true individualism. It is referenced countless times in fashion from all out Glam to just a slightly oversized lapel. 

If you haven't seen The Runaways yet- I would very much recommend it.

Anna

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, and now I really wish I was wearing something bright red and/or covered in sequins today!

    Amber | y a c h t s m a a n

    ReplyDelete
  2. something about the way you described the genre is so beautiful and nostalgic. well done. and i love all the dynamic shapes, bold colors, and shiny textures in the collage

    http://hellokuo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for commenting! I always visit everyone that comments