Tuesday 8 September 2015

Bowes Museum: YSL





And now to share some badly taken exhibition photos from the YSL: Style is Eternal exhibition at Bowes Museum up in Barnard Castle. I was inspired to go after I entered the Fafetch competition a few weeks ago. There was some fabulous pieces including original toiles, the Mondrian dress and of course some dreamy tuxedo suits. 


They say that all trends come back around and it definitely rang true here. Look at that lace up detail! This beauty was from 1967 and looks so modern in 2015, I would be so happy to wear it. There were so many suits and dresses that looked so chic, you could imagine them gracing the catwalk this season. YSL's style is definitely eternal.


 I think the clothing is so relevant still is because you can feel the emotion behind the work. All the garments are designed in celebration of the female form, making the women feel beautiful was very much considered in the design. The fabrics and embellishments were so sumptuous. I love how these Haute Couture garments were seen more than than they are now.

The exhibition is on till the 25th of October

Anna 

8 comments:

  1. The dress with the pineapples looks so cool!

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post

    Must I just say I love your blog's, I can see you put a lot of effort into making your blog post :) I also love your design :) keep up the great work !!

    come say hi

    Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    Have a lovely day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome exhibit! I especially love the hat display. Women can rock anything from pantsuits to gowns :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the YSL collection is gorgeous! I wish I was able to go and see it! So much history in it <3

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. The collection looks so pretty
    Lovin the last dress which is has pineapple on it

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for commenting! I always visit everyone that comments