Monday 31 August 2015

How To: Tassel Necklace

I won a load of tassels on eBay quite a while ago and have been contemplating what to do with them. I have been inspired by all the heavily decorated collar necklaces and thought it would look cool with just tassels. Who doesn't love tassels?
You will need: Small tassels (I had about 60- you can buy them from craft shops and haberdashers if you can't find any on eBay), Chain, Jump Rings, Lobster Clasp, Pliers.

1. Cut the chain to how long you want it (I measured a necklace I already had). Find the middle and mark it, join a shorter piece of chain equally in the middle as pictured. This is optional but you get a fuller looking piece if you do.

2. Put the jump rings on each individual tassel.

3. Lay all the tassels out in roughly the order you want to attach them in.

4. Start to attach them to the chain, I did 2 per chain link.

5. You should have something a little like this.




6. Join the Lobster clasp to one side of the necklace and a smaller piece of chain with  a jump ring on the end to the other.



There you go! A really cool piece of jewellery you couldn't buy. Please share with me if you have a go.

Anna x



8 comments:

  1. This looks so pretty! I love how colourful it is :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fancy!! Love it a lot!
    Dora
    www.bangsbang.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the necklace :) Kiss from France, Sand.
    .
    FRENCHIE GOES BACK TO SCHOOL on my FRENCH blog:
    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! pretty :)))

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. your necklace rocks! love all the fun colors!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely!! Love the idea so much and tassels are so much fun during summer time!

    Albana Janjeva | Stylist | albanajanjeva.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for commenting! I always visit everyone that comments