Wednesday 28 September 2016

GoodWood Revival '16








(All photographs my own)

Last week I was invited down to GoodWood Revival. As an avid vintage fan, it seemed like a perfect way to spend a weekend. We left the hotel at 7:30am from Peaslake, eyelashes and blow dry nearly complete and drove into the race course amongst many a beautiful vintage car.

The best way describe it is a huge fancy dress party in the absolute best taste. There a lot of people wearing amazing authentic vintage piece from the 40’s to the 60’s- Land Girls to Elegant New Look Women to Mods and Rockers. I was so impressed with the standard of the costumes and the attention to detail was so on point.

To send you back in time even more, there was actors ranging from 40’s cleaning women to 1966 Wembley Football fans. The streets, cafes and even burger vans are all set up to match the era so you really can go back in time for a day.

My favorite people were the Rockers; the details of all the pins and patches on their leathers was actually quite beautiful. I felt it was the most authentic part of the festival with the Rockers opposite the Mods on a 60’s street.

I also applaud all the women who wore vintage stilettos ALL DAY, I have worn those before and the commitment needed is impressive.

I wore an original 1967 baby doll dress from kindly lent to me from Hope House Costume Museum. Paired with a vintage straw bag, block heels from Zara and plenty of eyeliner- I was aiming for Jean Shrimpton vibes (hopefully) and I certainly don't want to give that dress back!

Anna

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for commenting! I always visit everyone that comments