Thursday 5 November 2015

Can't find your size?







I love a two piece- like a jumpsuit but better? I think like most people (students), I'm not really up for forking out a good £100 to find a nice one that isn't some flimsy shorts and a crop top. I found this fabric in a bargain basement on Berwick Street in London and made this inspired by one I saw in Vogue. This tweedy check fabric is everywhere this season, I saw some pretty much identical trousers  to these in Topshop, pretty lucky find.

I really believe that clothing on the High Street doesn't truly fit anyone exactly how they want it to, this is why sewing is so rewarding. Being tall I struggle to find good fitting trousers and tops that hit that oversized sweet spot. It is for this reason I sew and the fact no one else in the world will have what I'm wearing gives me so much confidence in my personal style.

Do you sew and how do find standard high street sizing?

Anna

2 comments:

  1. Love how this is so effortlessly chic! I'm only 5'8 so not really tall but my upper body is longer than my legs so I really struggle to find dresses that don't look like tunics - always end up having to buy extra material to sew a trim on but you're right... nobody else will have a piece like it! :)

    Viva Epernay ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post dear! I invite you to join the Giveaway on my blog:

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for commenting! I always visit everyone that comments