Friday 27 November 2015

Mood Du Jour 1



To describe it in the style of a cheesy gossip magazine- welcome to a new weekly feature! If you have ever seen my Pinterest you will realise that I am well and truly obsessed with images around fashion. How it usually works is I find an image that I fall in love with then an extortionate amount of Pinning happens. Then we have the mood of the week, these posts are a way I can organise this chaos and learn the art of editing.

My current obsession is this image of Gucci Menswear SS 16. I don't think I have seen a garment that I want to own as much as this jacket in a long time. Printed silk, pale pink piping, encrusted eye beadwork and matching pyjama style trousers. I have definitely found my new sewing project. Anything with Dali-esque details is for me.

The opulent fabrics and dusky colours remind me of old Europe, an extravagant Marie Antoinette reference but still fresh. Brocade is used a lot in Fashion Image so there was a whole host of things on Pinterest. I love the Dries Van Noten Clutch; Pale Green and Navy work so well. My mind then jumped to that classical military styling that, to me, goes hand in hand with those feminine beadworks and details. Adam Ant wore his in a New Romantic style which smashes these worlds together.

Anna 

Gucci SS16 Menswear, Ralph and Russo AW15, Dries Van Noten AW15, Francois Lesage Broderies Haute Couture, Vogue

Follow links on my Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. great post

    http://carrieslifestyle.com
    Posts online about Dubai, Rio, Amsterdam...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fashion iages as well. Perfect inspiration.

    Xoxo
    Valentina | DAILY SUIT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this a wonderful feature and I can't wait to read more of it. I think you've also nailed the editing, Anna!

    The European inspiration to these pieces are definitely evident and gosh, the intricate details and patterns are killing me!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for commenting! I always visit everyone that comments