Thursday 30 July 2015

DIY: Lace Up Shirt


I love the lace up details that are everywhere at the moment and it is so easy to do yourself.


 All you need is a shirt (mine was from H&M), an eyelet kit (from 
any craft store, I got mine from Dunelm), Scissors, fabric marker and some pins.

1. Remove all the buttons from the front.

2. Use the instructions on the eyelet maker to attach them through the old button holes and where the buttons used to be.

3. *Optional step* I cut the bottom of the shirt off to make it more of a boxy shape. To do this, just chop the bottom off. If you want it to be cropped, do this before adding the eyelets.

4. Hem the raw edge by doing a double turn up so it won't fray.

5. Lace through the eyelets with whatever you want. I used some rope from the Haberdashery.


Voile! So simple, please let me know if you try it 

Anna x

8 comments:

  1. So cute, I can't get over the cost of some of these and have been looker for a more affordable alternative!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this shirt is gorgeous, I've been looking for a white sheer shirt to help with layering for ages!

    Edie x
    thelifeofedie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are so creative love it.
    My blog: RumelaTheShopaholic

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool idea, love how it came out!

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome diy project!!!

    Lots of love,

    Nicoleta
    http://reinventyourself.guide

    ReplyDelete
  6. In love with this!!! Great!
    Dora
    www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great job, I wish I could do this DIY! I just need more time, sometimes is easy just to buy it, but it won't be as unique as this one.
    Glamoury Armory Blog 

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for commenting! I always visit everyone that comments